Thursday, May 3, 2012

Getting my dream car and the start of a new project

Welcome to my blog! This is my "build blog" of my 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. I looked all over nearby and could not find a good looking, running red t-top Shelby Z so I searched a bit farther and found this one. Why a Daytona? I wanted something different, something not seen around every corner like a Mustang or a Camaro, and I grew up in a Dodge family. I didn't want to rock a Neon, and SRT-4's were a bit pricey to me at the time.

I got this 3 years ago out of Michigan on good faith with the previous owner. Delivery day had finally come, I pulled up into the Outback Steakhouse parking lot where the truck was dropping the car off at. I walked up to the truck and spoke with the driver as he moved cars off to get to my Daytona.....dead on arrival. Jumped it and it fired up fine. I knew there were some leaks, the alternator needed replacing and the lower ground fx was junk. What the kid failed to mention was the car's passenger side door didn't open, horn didn't work and some other things I could kind of deal with (as with any old car).

The jump start it took to unload the vehicle was just the beginning. Stay tuned as I catch this blog up to speed on where I'm at with it today, you might even learn a couple things!

Here it was after finally getting it home (Saturday before Easter, excuse the Easter eggs :)



No comments:

Post a Comment